1. Where you are located - NSW Australia
2. ISP you are using - aaNet
3. Server you're on - Cimmeria
4. What you were doing at the time of the spike - Anything and everything
5. Estimate of the time it happened at - All the time it seems
6. How long does it last - 30 secs to 2 mins
2gb ram (Win XP SP2)
2 x 8800 GT 512 in SLI (tried without SLI)
Has been happening the last 3 days. Was fine prior to this. Have tested other MMO's (LOTRO and WOW) at the same time and pings to them are constant 200-280 with no spikes so not the ISP.
I still think with the latest patch notes mentioning something about movement and the server thinking you are hacking, that it is some in game system that is desyncing people from the server. I doubt anyone from Funcom will post in this thread until they can definitely say that they believe they've pinpointed the issue and are working on it.
Some people have said that the disconnections aren't as frequent, so they must have fixed something. I understand why most of you guys are upset, but it's a new game. There are bound to be issues at launch no matter how much you prepare. If you plan to cancel then I'm sure they'll miss you, but I don't see the point of getting so upset until another week or so.
May 23rd is when the first post was made in this thread so it hasn't even been a week and on top of that it was a holiday weekend. Just give Funcom a little more time to work. If you guys want to be constructive, you could always e-mail Funcom and inquire about getting some game time credit for being unable to play the game. Not that it will happen, but you never know.
I do agree with what you have written, many of us have been waiting months or longer to sink our teeth into this and we are probably being a bit impatient. However I think what most of us are looking for is just some feed back from Funcom about what they are doing about it. This issue isn't even in the known issues/things to come threads by Funcom, so they have given almost no acknowledgement of the issue or what they are doing to solve it. As many people have pointed out it takes all of 5 min to write a response, and even though it's impractical to answer every tech post you would think a thread with almost 500 posts would warrant some notice...
Just started happening to me after the May28 patch. 10K+ ping spikes every few minutes everywhere...even during dialogue with an NPC or trade with Merchant.
same for me.
1. Where you are located - Adelaide, south Australia
2. ISP you are using - Adam
3. Server you're on - Bloodspire
4. What you were doing at the time of the spike - logged in, anything i do increases the ping to 10000.
5. Estimate of the time it happened at - at night by the look of it but not much testing done in the morning
6. How long does it last - constant
7. Q6600, 2gb ram 8800GTX 32bit vista home pre.
I've been playing fine from open beta to EA, its only started in the last few days.
This just started happening recently more and more so I just wanted to add my 2 cents:
4. During most of the night hours, from 10pm - 6am
5. During most of the night hours, from 10pm - 6am
6. 5 minutes at a time
7. 2.5 quad core, 8 gig ram, 1 gig video card... its not my pc
1. Where you are located- Florida
2. ISP you are using- Directpath
3. Server you're on- Tyranny
4. What you were doing at the time of the spike- Could be anything, typically during "peak" east coast times I get the spikes. It starts out around 150-200ms ping, then it randomly jumps to around 9-10k, chat still functions fine during the spikes. I can play other MMO's online fine without any lag, so I'm not convinced that it has anything to do with my router/computer/isp setup.
5. Estimate of the time it happened at- weeknights from 8-10pm EST
6. How long does it last- approximately 10-20 seconds typically, and about ever 5-10 minutes normally during those peak times. in off peak times I dont get hardly any lag at all and can play normally.
7. Specs of your Computer- Asus Notebook, m50
dual core pentium 2.5ghz
vista home pro
ati 3650 1gb hd video card
I'm on a cable connection(which can slow down at peak times occasionaly but like I said, chat works and I can play other MMO's without experiencing this same issue)